1) Lower Costs
Many small to medium businesses are getting the benefits of professional design services and saving money outsourcing to freelancer designers. Freelance Graphic Designers are able to offer businesses big savings compared to agencies. Overheads are lower as many freelancers work from home or sharing space with other freelancers, so these savings get passed on to clients.
Working as a freelancer means greater flexibility in work hours. One of the main reasons designers become freelancers is the flexibility to work the hours they prefer, sometimes working late into the night when inspiration hits. The advantage for clients is that many designer are usually on call and checking their emails at all times of the day. Some may even respond to evening and weekend emails!
3) Understanding your Vision
When you hire a Freelance Graphic Designer another benefit is that you are in direct communication with the person working on your project. No in between people passing on messages. The designer gets direction straight from you! This is really important when you are trying to convey your business message, it can save a lot of back and forth. If distance isn’t an issue, meeting in person is also helpful, the designer can get to know you and your business first hand and provides greater insight into your business and your vision for the project at hand.
4) What You See Is What You Get
Agencies will often have multiple designers working for them and you won’t know who will be handling your work. Working directly with a designer you will have more control over your project, ensuring your project won’t be juggled around and information wont be relayed second hand!
- Pick a freelancer whose personal portfolio you have seen and you like their design aesthetic.
- Interview them directly so you can decide if they understand your vision and have the necessary experience to work on your project.
- Prepare a brief so you save time and money to get the job done the first time.
- Ask them what hours they work and if they are available after hours if you have an urgent job.
by Leah Yiannis